Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ludwig Von Drake


One of my favorite characters is Ludwig Von Drake. It was designed by Milt Kahl, who also animated quite a lot of his scenes.
This is a pencil test of a small scene that I animated for my friend Bert Klein for one job that he produced for Disney. The scene was divided in two and I did the first part and the second part was done by my good friend James Lopez. This is the first part of the whole piece.
It was something for one of the Disney's theme parks.

10 comments:

  1. This is Great! If you have any more pencil tests I'm sure everyone would appreciate you putting them up.

    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Sandro! I think I watched the PT about 10 times at least. Incredible work, it's short, but it's got so much personality on it!
    Congratulations on this very well done job.
    Keep feeding us and if I may suggest you, try uploading videos to "vimeo" (www.vimeo.com). I think you can get better video quality there, then, just embed in the blog.
    All the best Sandro!
    Abraço!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. Very nice. Love that character too. It´s beautifull, and seems efortless to you! See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandro, you´re a Disney animator indeed!!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw dude! Amazing can even describe this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont have the right word to say how great your artwork is.I really love the artwork you have.I am working my way into the animation buisness. I was wondering if you can check out my blog when you have a chance and comment on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this character, i'm happy to see him moving again !

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's unanimous that Von Drake has earned himself a special place in everyone's hearts - including my own. The more I see and observe Milt Kahl's works, the more I really admire his talents. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete