Sunday, April 14, 2013

Off to Italy

My new friends from Nemo Academy of Digital Arts in Florence, Italy,  Francesco Mariotti (pictured above) and Luca Chiarotti have invited me to give a workshop next week plus receive the Nemoland award which I am very honored.   Victor Navone, from Pixar will also be there to receive the award and to give a workshop.
They also published a book  (See cover above) with my artwork that would be available for purchase and which I will be signing for the students.  I am thrilled to have my work in print for the first time.
I have planned to show my animation process, how I approach animation and design.  I will be animating a whole shot, step by step from the planing stages to final tiedown. 
I hope they like it.
Wish me luck!
Ciao.
http://www.nemoacademy.com/Nemoland/

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sandro. Well deserved.
    Will the workshop be available to view online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sandro!
    Your workshop sounds incredible! I sure wish I could attend it.
    Best of luck to you! I'm sure it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats...sounds like fun any workshops up here in Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome!! Congratulations! Hope you can post bits of your demonstration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naaw that book looks pretty! I want :D Congratulations, Enjoy Florence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Sandro, I'm Gianluca T, one of the students of Nemo who participated in the workshop (I gave you my very humble drawing) and I wanted to thank you again for having accepted the invitation of Nemo, I love to draw, as a child I copied the cartoons in tv and meet you and assist in your lesson for me was very exciting, you're a fabulous artist and hope to have your own courage to pursue my dream, thanks again,

    Gianluca

    ReplyDelete